Autumn is one of the most popular months of the year for a family photo session in the Algarve.
After all, nature is doing its thing with all those vibrant colors we have amazing sunsets here at this time, plus you get a chance to really play up your wardrobe with accessories thanks to the weather.
1. Make use of accessories and clothing that play up the "autumn" feeling. For example, opt for leather boots, cable knit scarves, and comfy cardigans that look amazing on the whole family and can really bring a picture to life. Tip: neutrals do really well in the fall against that autumn vibe.
2. Timing is everything. Start paying attention to that shift in weather as summer melts into fall. Once the sunsets start becoming amazing, call me and book a session. I like to plan fall sessions, so chances are I've got a family photo session ready for you.
3. Location is everything. If it's autumn, you better believe we're playing outside in the gorgeous weather. I have a lot of locations to choose from that have, particularly pretty backdrops. I'm also open to your suggestions.
4. Plan for a mid-afternoon to early-evening session, when the light is just gorgeous. The days are shorter in the fall, so we need to plan accordingly to get that golden hour light for your family photo session in Algarve.
5. Play in the environment. Remember, this shoot is all about capturing your family bond and having fun, so let loose and get into the season!
6. Pack the necessities. It can get chilly in late autumn, so you may want to bring some necessities on hand. I recommend some warm apparel.
7. Wear comfortable shoes and accessories. Since we're going to be outside, we'll probably do some walking. If those boots look amazing, but kill your feet, scratch them. If the scarf looks adorable on Timmy, but it's scratches his face and makes him unhappy, it's better left at all.