How to Get Nice Engagement Photos in Lagos
Updated: Oct 20, 2022
Getting ready for your engagement session Lagos?
If you need some extra tips, check out this list I created just for you!
What can you do?
1. Dress for the season. Think about the season as you prepare for your engagement session here in Lagos. If it’s summer, make sure to dress appropriately so you and your fiancé aren’t getting sweat stains and red faces during the session. If it’s in winter, choose colors that will pick up the beautiful colors of the ocean and sunset. Neutrals like soft pinks, cream, muted blues, soft greens and white all photograph extremely well, blending effortlessly with the natural elements rather than competing with them.
Just be aware of these things so you are comfortable and your photos will look the best they can be.
2. Choosing the best photo session time in Lagos it's important. In the morning and later in the evening are the best times for a session because of the amazing ‘golden hour’ lighting (check my article about golden hour sessions ) If you have a session at noon, there is going to be harsh lighting and your photos will ultimately suffer.
3. Be prepared for the photo shoot . Make a list of everything you need for your session – brush, lipstick, extra clothes, accessories, etc. Put them in the car and be ready to go. Along with that, get directions and a GPS, or your handy dandy smart phone, and program in the address of the session.
You don’t want to get lost and cause unnecessary stress.
Leave with plenty of time to spare.
4. Be excited for your photoshoot in Lagos. This is also part of being prepared. If you’re excited, it can’t help but rub off on your fiancé. He or she loves you and gets excited when you’re excited. Your significant other can’t help but get excited, too. So build up the hype and let him or her know how important this is to you and how fun it will be.
5. Relax. Do not, I repeat, do not, stress out about this. This is supposed to be fun. I know you're worried about what you're going to look like, if the weather is going to
cooperate, etc., but the more you stress, the more likely you’ll read stiff or uncomfortable on camera. The more relaxed you are, the better your engagement photos will be. Do what you can to prepare for the session and leave the rest up to me. That’s what I’m here for, so just take a breath and relax.
Ready to Capture Your Love Story here in Lagos?